Thursday, December 5, 2013

'Ohana Dinner Review!


     
Here is the entrance to 'Ohana.
     Today we'll be talking about my favorite restaurant on Disney property. 'Ohana is a Polynesian family style restaurant  located in the Polynesian hotel in Walt Disney World. Here the waiters keep bringing the food out from pork dumplings to the delicious bread pudding. Even if your full you can't help but stuff yourself even more. ( So if you're planning to go to the parks after this you might want to change your mind). All I can say is YOU HAVE TO GO TO 'OHANA! 

     Right when you step foot into 'Ohana you feel like you've been transported to Hawaii. We made a reservation but as always you still have to wait. Even when you wait it's still nice, right next to the entrance of 'Ohana is a waiting area with some comfy couches, (which are probably nicer than my couch at home.) Anyways if you come to 'Ohana at the right time you can watch Wishes while your waiting! There's a huge window with a perfect view of Cinderellas castle. Whats better than eating amazing food and watching Wishes?

     The decorations at 'Ohana are very true to the restaurants theme. There's tiki statues, lush green plants, and flowers covering the rooms. I love when you first enter and you immediately feel welcomed. The cast members really work their hardest! First you get some welcoming bread. It tastes delicious and tempts you to want more, but make sure you don't fill up to quickly because you have a lot more ahead of you! Then your whole group gets some leis. ( I was with my family with a total of 13 people including babies who also got leis. I still have mine by the way)! Now the fun has begun!
 Entering 'Ohana

   Appetizers


     Right away you get the starters. Pork Dumplings with Sweet and Sour Sauce and Honey Coriander Chicken Wings. The Pork Dumplings are OK but once you dip it into the Sweet and Sour Sauce it's like you've never tasted anything as good as this before. The Honey Coriander Chicken Wings were tasty as well. These appetizers alone set high expectations for the real meal, and the real meal is even better.

Skewers


     Grilled Chicken Skewer, Char-Sui Pork Loin, Marinated Sirloin Steak, and Spicy Grilled Peel - n - Eat Shrimp. First of all let's start with the Grilled Chicken Skewer, lets just say I BELIEVE THIS IS THE BEST THING ON THE MENU! The sauce on the chicken is amazing! I am not ashamed to say I did ask for seconds and possibly thirds. The Char- Sui Pork Loin surprised me, I'm not a very big fan of pork but this came in second place! (Grilled Chicken Skewer in first). The Marinated Sirloin Steak was perfectly marinated. The steak was neither to crispy or to chewy. Now for the Peel - n - Eat Shrimp I did not taste. I absolutely hate seafood and would not try it. Although I can tell that the rest of my family enjoyed it.

Accompaniments





     There wasn't really anything special about these but I though I might as well mention them. There are Noodles, tossed in a Teriyaki Sauce with Fresh Vegetables and there is also Stir-Fried Vegetables. I think it was very good but then again as I said nothing special.


Desert!!!!!!



     'Ohana Bread Pudding 'a la mode with Bananas Caramel Sauce, the most delicious bread pudding I have ever had. The consistency is great combined with the vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. This is defiantly a must have!


 Helpful Tips

  • Have picky eaters? Just ask your waiter for a hot dog, and for desert, a vanilla cupcake and vanilla ice cream! 
  • RESERVATIONS!!!!! (Well if you want to eat)!
  • If you bring the kids let them have fun! During dinner kids (or adults) can do coconut races. They push coconuts across the floor with a broom, who ever gets to the finish line first wins!
What Do You Think?

     What's your favorite 'Ohana food? Have any fun experiences? Share them in the comments section!
     
I do not own any of these pictures ( except for the video ). All rights reserve to their owners.

     


     

No comments:

Post a Comment