Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 1 : No Toy Story and Downtown Disney

So Here's The Family

  • Memere- The person who made all of this come true!
  • Grampy- Married to Memere, another person making our dreams come true!
  • Kara- Their daughter who loves Disney Channel, also my aunt
  • Stacey- My aunt with Joe and has three kids Samantha, Tyler, and Sofia
  • Joe- My uncle with Stacey
  • Samantha- My 8 year old Disney loving cousin
  • Tyler- My 5 year old cousin
  • Sofia- My 2 year old cousin
  • Erika- My mom married to Erik and has three kids Kayla, Kendall, and ME
  • Erik- My stepdad who loves thrill rides!
  • Kayla and Kendall- My 1 year old twin sisters
  • Me- My name's Jaleen and IN LOVE WITH DISNEY

     The morning was kind of a blur, I was so excited I couldn't sleep. Literally I DIDN'T SLEEP AT ALL! Spending the night watching Disney Junior isn't so bad though, anything having to do with Disney that night was fine. We ended up packing our bags the day before so we were already well prepared. Now all we had to do was drive to Memeres house. We rented a giant bus to bring us from our house to the airport. It feels like a ghost town when your driving around at 5:00 in the morning. ( I wouldn't be surprised if I happened to see 999 happy haunts roaming around Seven Eleven).

     When we got to the airport we went straight to security, so lets begin our VERY stressful day. Well first of all Kara doesn't have a license, ( She has autism). She had another card with all her information on it so we thought we would be fine, well we were wrong. The security decided that her card wasn't good enough and needed to check all her cards for about five minutes. So once we got in it was time to go thru the scanner, of course me being me completely forgot I had my metal Disney bracelets and necklaces on and walked right thru the scanner. Another extra five minutes of time wasted. Although once we actually got into the airport we were fine.

     It was very exciting to bring Samantha and Tyler to the airport for the first time. We ended up getting some Dunk'in Donuts, I had a bagel with cream cheese and orange juice. Once we got on the plane me, Samantha, and Erik sat together. (I made sure to reserve a window seat with my family)!
Here's our plane


     We had a little bit of trouble on our plane. When we were going up Kara well, she passed out. Yes I know great way to start off! We were not sure why this happened, it might have been the air pressure because she was carrying a heavy backpack. On the bright side she did wake up and was fine. So once we were all set I had the one of my best plane rides. I listened to Disney music, read Disney books, and watched Disney movies. What could be better?

     Then it was time for the Magical Express, I was excited to see what this was like since I've never been on it. The video was great and defiantly helped built up the excitement. After the video there was some Mickey shorts and that excited Samantha, Tyler, and Kara since those are always on Disney Channel.

     We were staying at the All Stars Movie Resort, since I've never stayed in a Disney Hotel I had no idea what the experience would be like. Although when we got there we found out that it was a lot less enjoyable then we thought ( well at the beginning once we were all settled we had a lot of fun ). We originally reserved rooms in the Toy Story section but our travel agent messed up. So when we got there our rooms were not there, luckily some rooms were open in the Fantasia Section. We also reserved rooms with king beds. They said they could arrange to put those in our rooms but when we got there every room had two twin beds. That was fine with me since we were fortunate enough to have rooms in Fantasia but every one else was not happy, so we had to put the twin beds together. Let's go back about one hour, when we were waiting we ate in the cafeteria. I had a taco salad, it wasn't bad but the shell tasted to sweet compared to the rest of the salad. 


     After finally getting into our room and went to the pool it was time for dinner. We originally forgot to think this through see we ended up thinking about finding somewhere to eat in Downtown Disney. We thought the bus ride would only be about ten minutes but it ended up being forty five . So we walked around Downtown Disney for hours trying to find a restaurant that we could go to without reservations. So everybody decided to go back to the hotel and eat at the cafeteria while me, Erik, my Mom, Kendall, and Kayla ate at Pollo Campero a small Spanish restaurant. Moral of this story ALWAYS MAKE RESERVATIONS.

     Yes  this was a stressful day but, we had fun. The rest of the trip was a lot less stressful. Oh and by the way you may have noticed this is early, I wanted to put this up before Christmas so heres my present. MERRY CHRISTMAS!




No comments:

Post a Comment