Monday, January 20, 2014

Saving Mr. Banks Review


     So here's another movie review. I've been to the movies a lot lately so I thought I would take advantage.

     Saving Mr. Banks is an emotional impacting movie based on the true story about how Mary Poppins came to be. If you don't feel like crying then you shouldn't watch this movie. Don't say I didn't warn you!

     P.L Travers is a pushy author trying not to get her book turned into a movie while Walt on the other hand is determined to get this movie made for his daughters. She doesn't want any cartoons, no silly songs, and proper English. ( A hard lady to please ). Throughout the entire movie you see flashbacks of Travers past. This movie will tear every part of your heart out. When a sad part comes another one is just around the corner getting ready to punch.

     If your a Disney geek like me, this is a must see! Seeing Walt's office and all the little details are especially exciting. I loved the picture of Florida with a big red X in the middle. This is were they were planning to put Disney World. The scene were they were in Disneyland was great! Getting to see what Disneyland was like in the past was spectacular to see.

     The actors did a fantastic job playing their characters. Emma Thompson had P.L Travers down like the back of her hand.. Tom Hanks did a great job playing Disney as well. They seem like the real characters!

     The costumes were an important detail for me. Not only do i obsess over Disney but I love the 60's! Seeing all the costumes were great! Everything was perfect. From head to toe everyone was decked out in 60's clothes.

     Let me warn you that you shouldn't bring your kids. There's some smoking, death, violence, and alcohol scenes in here. Some bad language but nothing to bad. They wouldn't understand what's going on anyways so don't bother. I barely understood until after we left the theater. It was a great movie though and I recommend it. Just remember to bring the tissues!

No comments:

Post a Comment